Book Notes: Dry

DryDry by Augusten Burroughs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Dry is a memoir covering Augusten Burroughs alcohol abuse in adulthood and his stint in rehab. I listened to this book and Burroughs does all of his own audiobooks, so perhaps I wouldn't enjoy his words so much if not for his charming southern drawl. I think authors narrating their own books just adds so much depth and sincerity that honestly I'm not sure if I've ever disliked an audiobook read by the author (I should probably look into that!).

I enjoyed this book, for a little insight on rehab, a topic I have little experience with. Burroughs weaves alcohol with prominent relationships in his life; colleagues, drinking buddies, and past lovers. Despite the downer topic, it wasn't painful to listen to, unlike Wolf at the Table.

View all my reviews

Comments